The 17th Klaytn Improvement Reserve Result

The Number of Proposals

[ Blockchain at Yonsei NFT Project ]

Result: Accepted

• Accepted Budget: USD 11,210
  • Proposal: AKARAKA NFT Project
  • GC Participation Rate:
    ** GC Participation: Wemade, AhnLab, NEOPLY, Kracker Labs, POST VOYAGER, Maekyung Media, MakerDAO, Everrich, HanwhaSystems, Kakaopay, Hankyung, Gumi
  • Results: Accepted - 66.7%, Rejected - 33.3%, Abstention - 0%

Comments - Accept

• AhnLab: Wish good design leads to positive effect on marketing of Klay
  • NEOPLY: It looks good to be able to utilize NFT to increase interest in NFT and usage of Klaytn in advance to potential future users and developers.
  • Kracker Labs: I generally agree to fund the project. 3,000 students for $11,210 budget works out to be roughly $4 per student and considering the audience (students from Yonsei Univ.) budget seems to be reasonable.
  • EVERRICH: Interesting project.
  • HanwhaSystems: Many students can be interested in the NFT ecosystem, and it seems to be helpful in the Klaytn ecosystem.
  • Kakaopay: I hope it will be a great opportunity.
  • gumi: Two parallel blockchain to improve the scalability and stability of the blockchain, can beneficial in the application for multiple parallel blockchain in the long-run. Especially being in the blockchain gaming space, its important to control the scalability for when the Web2.0 users convert to Web3.0. In terms of the operational stability of blockchain, technical reliability is required.
  • Hankyung: Seems like a good idea. Yonsei University students will be able to naturally encounter and utilize Klaytn NFT. I agree to fund this project.
  • Gumi: We look forward to the results for the development and freely-mint NFT tickets to increase transactions on Klip. Improving daily active accounts on Klaytn through NFT projects should lead to positive results. We look forward to the data and increase in transaction for the value for Klaytn.

Comments - Reject

• Wemade: This project can resolve the long persisted problem of the student council selling tickets in an opaque manner. However, if the NFT ticket is not accepted by the university, it does not have any value. In the proposal, there is no mention of ongoing discussions with the university or student council.
  • POST VOYAGER: 1. AKARAKA 페스티벌에 지원을 하게 된다면, 다른 학교들도 다 지원을 해줘야하기 때문에 구체적으로 NFT 프로젝트로 어떤 효과를 줄 지 잘 모르겠음. 2. Key deliversable 파트에서 제공하는 4가지 조건을 어떻게 구체적으로 달성한건지 부족함 3. 국내 학교 이외에도 해외 페스티벌 및 해외대 축제들이 클레이튼 생태계를 확장하는데 더 도움이 된다고 생각듬
  • Maekyung Media: The subject of the process is not clear. and the issued NFT is not expected to be well managed.
  • MakerDAO: Minting on klaytn is quite cheap

[ Blockscout Open-Source Block Explorer ]

• Accepted Budget: USD 247,500
  • Proposal: Blockscout Open-Source Block Explorer
  • GC Participation Rate:
    ** GC Participation: Wemade, AhnLab, NEOPLY, Kracker Labs, POST VOYAGER, Maekyung Media, MakerDAO, Everrich, HanwhaSystems, Kakaopay, Hankyung, Gumi
  • Results: Accepted - 50%, Rejected - 25%, Abstention - 25%

Comments - Accept

• Wemade: More block explorers help make a healthier ecosystem. Blockscout is the team with the longest history of building and operating the block explorer in the Ethereum ecosystem. It is not only very reliable but also very cheap.
  • AhnLab: it’s must to have a good block explorer to expand Klaytn ecosystem.
  • POST VOYAGER: 블록검증에 필요한 모니터링은 향 후 클레이튼 생태계 확장 및 보안에 도움이 된다고 생각듬.
  • EVERRICH: Lack of block explorer is the weak point of klaytn chain. the more explorers are provided the chain would be better.
  • HanwhaSystem: While using Klaytn, I thought it would be nice to have a block explorer, and a block explorer that can handle its own chain would be better.
  • Gumi: Setting up Klaytn Blockscout instance on BlockScout’s premises for open-source package should be beneficial for easy deployment of basic explorer instance and cross-chain interoperability. Customizing for Klaytn-specific chain needs, especially the L2 sidechain deployment package sounds interesting. We look forward to the results and the data from this integration.

Comments - Reject

• NEOPLY: Klaytn finder and scope already exist, I don’t understand if additional open source explorer is needed. I think that the project supported by KIR should clearly state what kind of problem it will have and how to invest to solve it.
  • Kracker Labs: The budget seems to be competitive compared to etherscan etc.Klaytn already has 2 block explorers and I’m not fully convinced that we need a third one unless it’s a reputable and widely used explorers like etherscan.
  • MakerDAO: There are already several explorers

Comments - Abstention

• Maekyung Media: Block Explorer is already fairly well equipped in the Klaytn ecosystem. The advantages that Block Scout offers over other Block Explorers are not so great and seem unclear. However, it is clear that more information about on-chain data is better. Therefore, judgment is withheld.
  • Kakaopay: I don’t know if it’s necessary.
  • Hankyung: I abstained from this proposal because I was worried about how much it would help the Klaytn Network. Klaytn already has its own two types of block explorer. Even if blockscout provides a Klaytn-based block explorer, there is no great advantage for existing users, and it is questionable whether users using blockscout will be a window to access Klaytn.

[ Klaytn Ecosystem Audit Fund_ FYEO ]

• Accepted Budget: USD 480,000
  • Proposal: Klaytn Ecosystem Audit Fund_FYEO
  • GC Participation Rate: 33.3%
  • Results: Accepted - 41.7%, Rejected - 33.3%, Abstention - 25%

Comments - Accept

• Wemade: More audit programs can bring more developers to build dapps on the Klaytn. FYEO has partners including Solana, Near, and Algorand. Its experience auditing big-name blockchain networks will be helpful to the Klaytn ecosystem.
  • Maekyung Media: Auditing is very important for preventing hacking and securing trust in blockchain projects. Support for a trusted auditing partner seems reasonable.
  • MakerDAO: Audit and security are needed
  • EVERRICH: Audit is essential process for all the blockchain projects even though many smart contracts are standardized. Supporting audit could make many projects be secured. In the result, eco system of klaytn would be safe.
  • HanwhaSystems: We believe that trust and security are important in the ecosystem.

Comments - Reject

• AhnLab: there are numerous other projects to focus for vitalize Klaytn ecosystem
  • NEOPLY: QuantStamp and Blaize already have $1.2 million and $720,000 in audit funds, respectively. I don’t see any reason to raise an additional AuditFund. What is the reason to create an additional AuditFund, and how has the existing funds raised in QuantStamp and Blaize been used? I think this information should be disclosed first.
  • Kracker Labs: During the bear market, the number of teams launching on Klaytn has decreased significantly. There are 3 proposals for ecosystem audits in this batch and we would consider Haechi & Hacken to be the better partners for ecosystem audits considering FYEO is relatively unheard of among our members.
  • POST VOYAGER: Audit 업체 선정에 FYEO까지 포함시켜야되는 정확한 이유를 잘 모르겠음

Comments - Abstention

• Hankyung: It is questionable how much benefit it will be when accepting this proposal. It seems that one or two excellent institutions will suffice for audition. I will abstain.
  • Gumi: We understand that the FYEO is selected as the auditor for Klaytn ecosystem partners and projects. We hope this will improve the audit process for the Klaytn ecosystem.

[ Klaytn Ecosystem Audit Fund_ Hacken ]

• Accepted Budget: USD 1,500,000
  • Proposal: Blockscout Open-Source Block Explorer
  • Results: Accepted - 66.7%, Rejected - 25%, Abstention - 8.3%

Comments - Accept

• Wemade: More audit programs can bring more developers to build dapps on the Klaytn. Hacken is one of the largest auditing firms in the blockchain industry. It has audited 340+ projects and its experience will be very helpful to the Klaytn ecosystem.
  • Kracker Labs: Out of 3 Audit Proposals Hacken is the most well known team for smart contract audit with many foreign projects under their belt. $1.5M seems to be a lot but considering the amount is paid off quarterly and the team is willing to commit plenty of slots for the foundation, we think it’s a good deal for us.
  • POST VOYAGER: Audit Fund 조성에 Hacken을 먼저 진행 후, 향 후 Audi fund 설정에 대해서 Pros & Cons에 대한 분석이 필요함
  • Maekyung Media: Auditing is very important for preventing hacking and securing trust in blockchain projects. Support for a trusted auditing partner seems reasonable.
  • EVERRICH: Audit is essential process for all the blockchain projects even though many smart contracts are standardized. Supporting audit could make many projects be secured. In the result, eco system of klaytn would be safe.
  • HanwhaSystems: We believe that trust and security are important in the ecosystem.
  • Gumi: We understand that the Hacken OÜ is selected as the auditor for Klaytn ecosystem partners and projects. The budget seems fairly high for additional audit operations but we hope this will improve the audit process for the Klaytn ecosystem.

Comments - Reject

• AhnLab: There are numerous other projects to focus for vitalize Klaytn ecosystem
  • NEOPLY: QuantStamp and Blaize already have $1.2 million and $720,000 in audit funds, respectively. I don’t see any reason to raise an additional AuditFund. What is the reason to create an additional AuditFund, and how has the existing funds raised in QuantStamp and Blaize been used? I think this information should be disclosed first.
  • Hankyung: It seems like we’re spending too much money on multiple auditing agencies needlessly. So I object to this proposal. Spending a lot of money on audit unnecessarily will end up hurting Klay holders.

Comments - Abstention

[ Klaytn Ecosystem Audit Fund_ Haechi Labs ]

• Accepted Budget: USD 1,500,000
  • Proposal: Klaytn Ecosystem Audit Fund_Haechi Labs
  • Results: Accepted - 66.7%, Rejected - 25%, Abstention - 8.3%

Comments - Accept

• Wemade: More audit programs can bring more developers to build dapps on the Klaytn. Haechi Labs is one of the most well-known blockchain auditing firms in South Korea. Since Haechi Labs audited Klaytn Service Bridge in 2019, it already has experience in auditing the Klaytn ecosystem.It has signed partnerships with many Korean large companies including SKT, LG, Shinhan Bank, and KB Kookmin Card, and these partnerships might help Korean companies build dapps on the Klaytn.
  • Kracker Labs: Haechi has audited many Klaytn projects and many Korean teams still find Haechi for communication purposes. Once again, $1.5M is a lot of budget but it’s paid off quarterly and will be a big benefit for Korean teams with small budget.
  • Hankyung: If we must choose an audit agency, it would be better to choose the verified one. And I think Haechi Labs seems to be the best of the audit companies that have proposed this KIR.
  • Gumi: The integration for Haechi Labs should improve the security audit report for each project. Would be interested to understand the amount/value for actual audit costs for each project that vary depending on the complexity and length of codes. We look forward to improved security measures for the audit process.

Comments - Reject

• AhnLab: There are numerous other projects to focus for vitalize Klaytn ecosystem
  • NEOPLY: QuantStamp and Blaize already have $1.2 million and $720,000 in audit funds, respectively. I don’t see any reason to raise an additional AuditFund.
    What is the reason to create an additional AuditFund, and how has the existing funds raised in QuantStamp and Blaize been used? I think this information should be disclosed first.
  • POST VOYAGER: Audit fund가 3개 까지 필요한 이유를 잘 모르겠음

Comments - Abstention