- Accepted : 2
- Rejected : 0
- Accepted Budget: USD 256,000
- Proposal: S2_EYEZ for Klaytn Token Economies
- Participation Rate: 48%
- Results: Accepted - 71%, Rejected - 29%
Comments - Accept
- It is helpful for people to understand and analyze data on the network
- Looking at the existing Progress Report, it seems that the team has the ability to proceed with the project. It is expected that it will be worth supporting for the size of the funding.
- We agree with Klaytn that the project can improve the trustworthiness of the Klaytn mainnet.
We are highly looking forward to the proposed anomaly detection function. It is also noteworthy that the team is planning to provide the function for free. "
- We think this project is significant in terms of improving the reliability of the mainnet.
- Our company think this project would be helpful as S2WLAP already proceed Klaytn project and they know the system. we hope Klaytn system getting more stable through this project.
- It is very important that the initial POC levels are continuously developed.
Regarding automated process of abnormal behavior detection patterns, rules and handling, it seems that detailed descriptions (documents, whitepaper etc.) are needed."
- This project can contribute to Klaytn mainnet, and provide analysis data immediately when an attack or hacking event occurs.
But, before doing this proposal, we would like to further organize and share the contents of the previous proposal. It is to be clear about how the previous proposals are being used and so on.
In addition, we think it would be good if S2WLAB could share the research data while doing this project."
- I agreed that Klaytn network needs another monitoring system of its transaction. It will help ecosystem grow and make the ecosystem more transparent and sustainable.
- This project will improve visibility and security of KLAYTN. Many people will benefit from public web service of this project. We will continue to pay attention to the quality and sustainability of results.
- As the token economies of Klaytn are expanding, the analysis framework for Klaytn token transactions is essential. We hope this project could enhance the overall security of Klaytn network and provide visibility of token transfers.
Comments - Reject
- We believe there are better professional services that offer such services such as Nansen or Chainalysis
- It is positive that it provides easy tracking of asset movement, but detection of anomalies is seen as post-detection that cannot be prevented in advance. There is a question about the necessity of the function for detecting anomalies, and I think the detection of anomalies overlaps with Quantstamp-RT, which was already the 4th KIR.
- It is unclear how providing web services for Klaytn mainnet and toke economy information and tech reports specifically contribute to the expansion and growth of Klaytn network/economy. Does it draw more users or developers? How? It is of concern that providing too much information may infringe on privacy of klaytn users. I do not understand why the names of the experts who are in charge of this project cannot disclose their names to the GCs.
- It is difficult to be sure that the proposer is a team capable of working on that project.
Comments - Abstention
- The purpose of this project is good. If this becomes a service, it will have many uses in the future. However, it seems that a more detailed explanation is needed as it requires a significant investment. This team may already be ready. If so, the team needs a more convincing explanation.
- Accepted Budget: USD 328,444
- Proposal: New Consensus Algorithm for Blockchain Scalability
- Participation Rate: 26%
- Result: Accepted - 88%, Rejected - 12%
Comments - Accept
- It is helpful for outsiders to understand klaytn ecological facilities
- Resolving scalability issues is very important and any research to improve the scalability/efficiency of Klaytn network is worth investing. It would be interesting to see how applying coordination technique affects Klaytn consensus algorithm.
- It will be difficult to achieve results in a short period of time, but it is seen as a project worth trying.
- In the long run this kind of project will be helpful to stabilize the system. We agree.
- There are still some concerns regarding commercialization such as appilcation to Kalytn mainnet. I hope that we can see more tests and results to show the areas which are superior to other studies related to the scalability of the consensus algorithm.
- Although this content is very difficult to achieve, we think that continuous research is needed on the KIR program. On reporting the progress, it would be good to share it through seminars including the technical report.
- It seems like a very difficult challenge. But I think this kind of research is also needed for the development of KLAYTN. Even if the output of this project does not directly benefit the platform, it will be a good asset.
Comments - Reject
- We believe an improvement of the current consesnsus algorithm could increase the scalability of Klaytn network. However, this requires a long time and many improvements are needed to be applied to the Klaytn mainnet.
Comments - Abstention
- In the long run, if a large number of CNs participate in the Klaytn network, it seems necessary. However, it seems that the possibility of failure due to the consensus coordinator, the reward distribution structure, and the possibility of microfork should be considered.
- Change of consensus algorithm is a very complicated and difficult-to-achieve task.
Although it is understandable - given the nature of the research - the research period seems to be too long.